History: In 1942, the Dominican Sisters opened a one-room school at St. Patrick Parish in Brighton. By 1947 there were two grades per room of 40-50 students. The first graduation was held in 1949. In September, 2006, St. Patrick School opened its campus at 1001 Charles Orndorf Drive in Brighton to accommodate the growing needs in our community with a current enrollment of 425 students.
Size: The building is approximately 50,000 square feet and is located on 13 acres with beautiful, natural surroundings. Class sizes range from up to 15 in Jr. Kindergarten, up to 20 in Kindergarten, up to 25 per class through grade 4 and up to 28 in grades 5-8.
Grade Levels: The campus includes one Jr. Kindergarten class and 2 classes per grade (K-8).
Indoor Setting: The indoor classrooms are spacious and facilities include a beautiful chapel, computer lab, art studio, science lab with solarium, music room and large gymnasium with traverse climbing wall.
Outdoor Setting: The outdoor setting includes a Rosary Garden created and maintained by students, an inviting outdoor classroom, newly equipped and age-appropriate playgrounds, and natural walking & fitness trails throughout the property.
Safety and Security: The campus is equipped with cameras throughout the property. All exterior doors are secured as well as the internal doors leading to each wing from the front entrance. Visitors must sign in and wear visitor pass.
“Green” LEED (Leader in Energy and Environmental Design) Certified after the building was renovated in 2006, creating a healthier environment for the students and staff.